1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

ODBC/JDBC over HTTPS to RDBMS | User Tested, CIO Approved

Discussão em 'Progress Blogs' iniciado por Sumit Sarkar, Fevereiro 14, 2014.

Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.
  1. Sumit Sarkar

Sumit Sarkar Guest

From working on data connectivity projects for a decade, I can say with certainty that hybrid cloud / on-premise environments have become the norm. And I’m hearing requirements for secure data connectivity to data stores that reside on-premise behind a fire wall; or in a public cloud server running on Amazon. Rather than open a database port, VPN, or SSH tunneling; you can expose that data using the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector with real-time and direct ODBC/JDBC data connectivity. Today, we introduced support for OpenEdge 10.2B to 11.3, and Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 are coming soon using the same proven approach.

User Tested, CIO Approved

The DataDirect Cloud On-Premise connector capability certainly raises questions for the on-premise world, especially in very large enterprises. Last week, I demo’d the on-premise connector technology to Progress Software’s CIO, Dave Benson, and his team. After addressing their security questions, the team saw the benefits with some current initiatives at Progress Software, and approved of the architecture. Progress IT recommends partnering IT with business sponsors for collaboration on data connectivity projects in case there are concerns around access to an IT managed database.

Prezi for ODBC/JDBC from SaaS/PaaS over HTTPS to on-premise OpenEdge, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2

Highlighting capabilities of DataDirect Cloud and Rollbase

The prezi for my Progress Communities Webinar is followed by two live demos. First, I show the hosted version of Rollbase federating external objects directly from on-premise RDBMS, the ubiquitous OpenEdge sports database. Then, we can built a chart of items in the hosted SaaS BI application, Explore Analytics. Finally, to prove the direct real-time connectivity to on-premise; we update a federated record from Rollbase and re-run the charts in Explore Analytics to ensure the updated record is coming back. At this point, attendees will be mesmerized by the data connectivity!

[​IMG]
    Updates to on-premise data from hosted Rollbase.

Get started connecting with DataDirect from Cloud to Cloud, Cloud to On-premise, or On-premise to Cloud

1- Start a trial of DataDirect Cloud today

2- Or call us at 1-800-876-3101 to learn more about our cloud to cloud, cloud to on-premise, on-premise to on-premise and on-premise to cloud.

Continue reading...
Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.

Compartilhe esta Página