1. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

[SQL] Clean up a MS-SQL Server Query with too many DISTINCT clauses in it

Discussão em 'Outras Linguagens' iniciado por Stack, Setembro 28, 2024 às 02:53.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

In MS-SQL Server, I have a join table Visit between the Customer and Store tables.

I am trying to find:

• A list of CustomersID's
    • Who have visited exactly 1 store (StoreID).
    • Except I am only interested in Customers that have visited specific stores (1, 10, 16, 42)
    • Hence I want to reject a customer who has visited stores 1 and 2, since they have visited multiple stores.
    • If a customer has visited the same Store multiple times, I want to include them in the result - The Visit table has dates and other fields, hence there are multiple visits with the same customer going back to on multiple dates.

I think that the following query is correct - in that it appears to return the correct result:

SELECT DISTINCT v.CustomerID
    FROM Visit v
    INNER JOIN (
    SELECT CustomerID FROM (SELECT DISTINCT CustomerID, StoreID FROM Visit) temp
    GROUP BY CustomerID
    HAVING COUNT(*) = 1
    ) c
    ON v.CustomerID = c.CustomerID
    WHERE v.StoreID IN (1, 10, 16, 42)

However I want know if there is any way to simplify/clean it up as there are multiple DISTINCT and GROUP BY clauses in it.

Note: It's not ideal, but if necessary I can live with a query that returns customers who have visited any of desired Stores (1, 10, 16, 42) in any combination, any number of times as long as they haven't visited a store not in that list.

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página