1. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

[SQL] Cannot find the symmetric key '', because it does not exist or you do not have permission

Discussão em 'Outras Linguagens' iniciado por Stack, Outubro 9, 2024 às 08:52.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

Using SQL 2005

I created a Master Key encrypted by password and then encrypted the Master Key with the Service Master Key

I then created an ASYMMETRIC_KEY which I use to encrypt my SYMMETRIC_KEY I did all this using the SA user for SQL and logged into windows server as the domain admin.

I have a user in my database that only has dbo permissions on my database and then I grant that user execute permissions on all the necessary stored procedures and I also deny view definition to those same stored procedures.

The stored procedure giving me trouble where I do the encryption is this here. Also this all worked on SQL2012 in my testing pc but now that I am creating this on production server with sql 2005 and it is failing

open symmetric key
    MYKEY_NAME_SYM decryption by Asymmetric key MYKEY_NAME_ASYM
    set @ENCRYPTVARIABLE = (select ENCRYPTBYKEY(KEY_GUID('MYKEY_NAME_SYM'), @ENCRYPTCOLUMN))
    close symmetric key MYKEY_NAME_SYM

The error I am receiving is:

Cannot find the symmetric key 'MKEY_NAME_SYM', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

So I am guessing that the user I am using in my database does not have permissions but when I try to grant permissions

GRANT
    VIEW DEFINITION ON SYMMETRIC KEY::MKEY_NAME_SYM TO [myuser]

I get the same error cannot find the symmetric key or I don't have permissions.

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página