1. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

[Python] How to obtain Twitter and Reddit API keys for a stock sentiment analysis project?

Discussão em 'Python' iniciado por Stack, Outubro 1, 2024 às 01:43.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

I’m currently working on a sentiment analysis project in Python, specifically analyzing stock-related discussions. For this, I plan to collect data from Twitter and Reddit.

I want to know the following:

How can I obtain API keys for Twitter and Reddit? Do I have to pay for it? What are the steps or best practices for accessing stock-related discussions using these APIs for my sentiment analysis? Additionally, are there any alternative approaches for scraping stock-related data from these platforms, or is it better to use their official APIs?

I'm relatively new to working with APIs, so any detailed guidance would be appreciated!

Relevant Libraries/Tools: Python, Tweepy (for Twitter), PRAW (for Reddit), requests

Tried to access Twitter using Tweepy, but I haven’t been able to get API access yet because I'm unsure about the application process for a developer account. For Reddit, I attempted to use PRAW, but I’m stuck on how to correctly set up API keys and authenticate my application.

What I Expected: I was hoping to get real-time or historical stock-related discussions and perform sentiment analysis on the data. I'm looking for advice on how to navigate the API key request process or whether there are other solutions that would work better for collecting this kind of data.

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página