1. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

[Python] Best way to make Django's login_required the default

Discussão em 'Python' iniciado por Stack, Outubro 7, 2024 às 10:42.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

I'm working on a large Django app, the vast majority of which requires a login to access. This means that all throughout our app we've sprinkled:

@login_required
    def view(...):

That's fine, and it works great as long as we remember to add it everywhere! Sadly sometimes we forget, and the failure often isn't terribly evident. If the only link to a view is on a @login_required page then you're not likely to notice that you can actually reach that view without logging in. But the bad guys might notice, which is a problem.

My idea was to reverse the system. Instead of having to type @login_required everywhere, instead I'd have something like:

@public
    def public_view(...):

Just for the public stuff. I tried to implement this with some middleware and I couldn't seem to get it to work. Everything I tried interacted badly with other middleware we're using, I think. Next up I tried writing something to traverse the URL patterns to check that everything that's not @public was marked @login_required - at least then we'd get a quick error if we forgot something. But then I couldn't figure out how to tell if @login_required had been applied to a view...

So, what's the right way to do this? Thanks for the help!

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página