1. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Angular EventEmitter goes from defined to undefined before event handler triggers

Discussão em 'Angular' iniciado por retupmoc258, Outubro 9, 2024 às 17:02.

1. retupmoc258

retupmoc258 Guest

I am trying to pass information from a child component back to the parent component. Angular suggests using EventEmitter for this, so I imported Output and EventEmitter and set it up according to the specifications. Here's the code

import { Component, EventEmitter, OnInit, Output } from '@angular/core';

@Component({
    selector: 'app-map',
    standalone: true,
    imports: [],
    templateUrl: '../../assets/map-image.svg',
    styleUrl: './map.component.css'
    })

export class MapComponent implements OnInit {
    map: any;
    @Output() selectedCountryEvent = new EventEmitter<string>();

onClick(event: any) {
    console.log("Inside onClick: ");
    console.log(this.selectedCountryEvent);
    this.selectedCountryEvent.emit("hello click");
    }

ngOnInit(): void {
    this.map = document.getElementsByTagName("svg");
    addEventListener("click", this.onClick);

console.log("Inside ngOnInit: ");
    this.selectedCountryEvent.emit("hello world")
    }
    }

The SVG is a file with a map on it and people click it to interact with it. I want to pass data from the map to the parent component (the app-root). But when I run this code, this is what happens:

1. The selectedCountryEvent successfully emits to the parent in the ngOnInit function.
    2. When the click event is triggered, the onClick function executes. But when trying to access the selectedCountryEvent (EventEmitter object), the object is undefined and the emit fails.

Here's a picture of the console output generated by this: Output to console for code

It should work the same in both cases, but it doesn't. Does anyone know why the EventEmitter goes from defined during the initialization to undefined before the click event? Is there a way to stop this? All the help I've found just says that I must have set it up wrong, but I can successfully emit to the parent in the initialization. So something else is getting in the way.

(Edit: clarified what happens when the code is run)

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página