1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

The top 5 things you need to know before you implement PaaS

Discussão em 'Progress Blogs' iniciado por The App Dev Team, Janeiro 10, 2014.

Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.
  1. [​IMG]Even the best application development platforms have their limitations. Progress GM and VP of Progress Pacific, Michael Benedict, names the top five things you need to know about successful PaaS implementation. In this Platform as a Service (PaaS) white paper, Benedict addresses:

1. Automation levels. Are you aware of the industry provisions surrounding the decision to automate or self service your platforms?
    2. Customization. Can you answer questions like, “ If I wanted to use Postgre SQL instead of Microsoft SQL could I change it on a self service basis or will it require a special support request costing me more overhead IT?”
    3. Efficiency. How much time will you spend on templating? Can you avoid templating from scratch over and over?
    4. Hands on Service vs. “Self-help.” How do support quality levels differ between PaaS providers?
    5. Security. Should you deploy to a public or private cloud?

With this new whitepaper, Benedict provides a frame for considering the possible benefits of moving part or all of your application development projects onto PaaS against your individual needs. With more businesses demanding faster, easier access to critical business applications, the time has come for cloud based app development. It’s time to look at PaaS.

Continue reading...
Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.

Compartilhe esta Página