1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

SAP BOBJ Universe to Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot marketing data

Discussão em 'Progress Blogs' iniciado por Sumit Sarkar, Janeiro 8, 2014.

Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.
  1. Sumit Sarkar

Sumit Sarkar Guest

Following my widely popular tutorial for Business Objects Universe to Salesforce produced with SAP, I’m hearing several requests for real-time ODBC3 access to complementary data such as marketing automation in Eloqua, Marketo or Hubspot. In response to the feedback from numerous BOBJ shops and from BOBJ User Groups/Conferences – we are rapidly delivering these SaaS data sources for Business Objects shops via DataDirect Cloud.

Why love the Business Objects Universe to Marketing Automation

• Marketing data is now sexy and multi source universe (MSU) support with BO 4.0 enables real-time data federation across sales data in Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics with marketing data in Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot.
    • This solution leverages existing skills and your investment in SAP. And Business Objects professionals are awesome, so try and network with them around the water cooler whenever possible.
    • Hit the ground running with DataDirect ODBC3 connectivity to Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot built from the same client codebase as the trusted relational connectivity available from Business Objects.
    • Everyone is asking for it including the Eloqua topliners community, and ODBC3 access from DataDirect has been the unanimous choice for real-time Universe access to SaaS APIs.
    • DataDirect connectivity has the most secure architecture for accessing SaaS data from Business Objects. Most recently, we passed an IT security review consisting of 80 questions in flying colors.
    Getting started with BOBJ Universe to Eloqua

1. Sign up and log-in to your DataDirect Cloud account.

(In the spirit of Universe technology, I want to emphasize that DataDirect Cloud is a real-time data service)

2. Select your marketing automation data source such as Eloqua, Marketo or Hubspot. In this case, I am selecting Eloqua since I have a production account.

[​IMG]

3. Configure your connection information to Eloqua. My Eloqua admin setup an account and I received an e-mail from support@eloqua.com with the connection information.​

[​IMG]

I set user name, password and company using the custom properties as follows: “Company=Progress;FailOnIncompleteData=1″.​

Note that the screen may change since this was taken during beta.​

[​IMG]

4. Download and install the “Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC” from DataDirect Cloud. For Universe Design Tool (UDT) or Information Design Tool (IDT), you will need a 32-bit ODBC client. For the Business Objects Application Server, you will need a 64-bit ODBC client.

5. Launch the ODBC Administrator from the “Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC” program group and create a new data source. The Database Name corresponds to the name configured in step 3. You will login using your DataDirect Cloud ID from the ODBC administrator.

[​IMG]

6- Launch your design tool (IDT or UDT), and configure the Generic ODBC 3 data source as type, “ODBC3″.

7- Enter User name, Password and Data source name as “Eloqua” in this example.​

[​IMG]

8- Click Next and continue to design your Universe to Eloqua similar to any other database.

[​IMG]

Enjoy the all access data pass from your Universe

If you want to add MSU connectivity to SaaS data sources such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo or Hubspot: simply login to your DataDirect Cloud account and create a new connection. Then create a new local ODBC data source using the same Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC that points to the new connection.

Since these are standard ODBC compliant connections, you can also use them from Data Services running on either Windows or Unix/Linux.

Call 1-800-876-3101 to speak with a systems engineer and learn how other organizations are making progress after creating a BOBJ Universe to marketing automation data.

Continue reading...
Status do Tópico:
Não esta aberto para novas mensagens.

Compartilhe esta Página