1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

JDBC - Establish Connection to an OpenEdge Database including 'resultsetMetaDataOptions' set...

Discussão em 'StackOverflow' iniciado por fdantas, Setembro 26, 2017.

1. fdantas

fdantas Administrator Moderador

I've got a problem Establishing a connection to an OpenEdge database including the property option resultSetMetaDataOptions. For programming purposes I need to set this option to 1 to be able to get the table names of the fetched columns due to using a JOIN in my SQL queries.

I'm adding the property into my java.util.Property Object:

props.put("RESULTSETMETADATAOPTIONS", 1);

I'm establishing a connection with:

DriverManager.getConnection(url, props);

When I check the returned java.sql.Connection the property was added to props object. With my established connection I execute the SQL query and get my java.sql.ResultSet what I finally use to get my java.sql.ResultSetMetaData:

ResultSetMetaData meta = resultSet.getMetaData();

but

for (int i = 1; i <= meta.getColumnCount(); i++) {
    String tablename = meta.getTableName(i);
    System.out.println(tablename);
    }

always prints out an empty tablename.

What I also tried is establishing a connection to the database using SquirrelSQL and set the property resultSetMetaDataOptions to 1 while connecting. I clicked on the schema and used the connection String given at getUrl for establishing my own Connection via JDBC but did not set the resultSetMetaDataOptions to 1 in my Property Object since it was already added to the connection URL by SquirrelSQL. The result was the same: Just an empty tablename.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to try getting the tablename of a column?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página