1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Issues connecting to Progress database via ODBC in published Web Application

Discussão em 'StackOverflow' iniciado por fdantas, Setembro 14, 2017.

1. fdantas

fdantas Administrator Moderador

I am having issue trying to get my Web Application published and running correctly on our IIS server.

When I test from within Visual Studio 2015 with the same ODBC driver setups, everything works fine. It is only once I try to publish the Web Application and access it off the IIS webserver in a browser that I am getting an issues.

I am using Visual Studio 2015 v14.0.25431.01 Update 3

The IIS server is a 64-bit Windows 2016 server

The ODBC driver is a Progress OpenEdge 11.6 driver - 32 Bit

The ODBC connection is setup using the 32-bit ODBC Manager found in c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32

I came across many forums that say to make sure that the ODBC driver is setup correctly, and using the correct ODBC manager, which it is.

I also came across some posts that reference compiling the Web Application and specifying in the Configuration manager to use x86 instead of Any CPU. x86 is not an option when I go into the configuration manager.

I am at a loss as to how to resolve this error so that I can access the new Web Applications from the IIS server.

The error I get is...

Server Error in '/' Application.

ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace:

[OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application] System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) +1358681 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) +78

Any suggestions, advice, recommendations?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página