1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

'Hot code replace' not working -- Eclipse doesn't change any code on JBoss

Discussão em 'StackOverflow' iniciado por Stack, Fevereiro 23, 2021.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

I'm currently experiencing a problem with 'hot code replace' not working on Eclipse Galileo and JBoss 4.2.3.

Among other applications I'm running an exploded Java WAR on my local JBoss. The project from which it is build is managed by Maven. I build the project using the Maven goal war:exploded and then I copy that directory to JBoss with an ANT script.

When I'm now running the application and set a breakpoint anywhere in the code, Eclipse properly halts at that line in the debug mode. But when I'm making a change to the source file and save it, Eclipse doesn't apply this change to the JBoss. For example, when I make a normal code line into a comment, the debugger still steps over this comment as if it was regular Java code. Or when I remove a line, the debugger seems to get out of sync with the file and starts stepping over parenthesis.

But I'm not getting any 'hot code replace error'-messages either. It seems to me that Eclipse applies the changes to the source files, but doesn't apply it to the JBoss.

Are there any special preferences that have to be turned on in order to make hot code replace work? Or are there any mistakes in how I build and deploy the application to the JBoss?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página