1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Does the JIT compiler utilize long-term memory to keep track of optimized methods?

Discussão em 'StackOverflow' iniciado por Stack, Fevereiro 19, 2021.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

I have an enterprise application that's running on JBoss 6.4 and I'm using quartz for job management, In short, I have over 6000 Triggers that are being pulled from the database, updated, and then persisted again whenever I update the Calendar.

At first, it took quite a while to execute this method because of the huge number of Triggers (about 45min) but then it began to decrease as I used the method more often until it reached 5 min, I thought it must be the JIT compiler in the JVM that is responsible for this but then I tried to kill the server and relaunch the app to clear the code cache of the JIT compiler but the time wasn't back to it's original on the contrary it decreased even more and reached the 2min range.

So I want to know does JIT keeps track of the optimized methods and save them on disk to not lose them when the JVM goes through a forced shutdown and if so how can I reset it to its original behavior?

Thank you!

UPDATE

My environment looks like this:

JDK 1.8
    MYSQL DB 5.7
    JBOSS 6.4

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página