1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Convert Relationship Doesn't Actually Convert - Just creates new object with a name field

Discussão em 'PSDN - Forum' iniciado por cohezive, Março 5, 2015.

1. cohezive

cohezive Guest

I am having to convert several relationships to complex relationships (a unique object for each). Unfortunately, the conversion process only creates the new object with a concatenated name of the objects.

I found no reference to this functionality in the User Guide, but I think "convert" would infer that references to the two related objects would appear in their respective Lookup fields associated with the object types.

Instead, the convert process actually eliminates all records of the relationships with the exception of the object names. If the object names are not guaranteed unique (which is often the case), there is not dependable way (even with triggers) to recreate the relationships after conversion.

Documentation would be helpful to avoid a potentially catastrophic loss of data - but making convert actually convert the relationships would seem to be more essential.

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página