1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Adding and removing Azure database to failover group in elastic pool with TSQL

Discussão em 'Outras Linguagens' iniciado por Stack, Maio 17, 2021.

1. Stack

Stack Membro Participativo

Creating database and adding to failover group

I have an Azure elastic pool and I have created a failover group with another elastic pool (with the same name) on a different Azure region, during the creation of the failover group I selected the elastic pool and it went through and added all the databases in the elastic pool to the elastic pool on the secondary server.

I have a script setup to automatically create new databases using the following TSQL:

CREATE DATABASE databaseName ( SERVICE_OBJECTIVE = ELASTIC_POOL ( name = "Elastic pool name" ) );

However, the above script does not add the database to the failover group and therefore it does not get added to the other SQL server in my other Azure region. I don't want to have to manually add any new databases to the failover group via the Azure portal each time so is there a TSQL script I can use at the point of creation to add the database to the failover group?

Deleting database, removing from failover group and from secondary server

Following on from the above I also have the following TQL which deletes a database:

DROP DATABASE databaseName;

Running the above deletes the database from the primary server and it removes it from the failover group but the database still exists on the secondary server. Is there a way to remove it from the secondary server using TSQL, is it as simple as running the above script again but pointing to the secondary server or is there a better way of doing this?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página